Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The Crossing In Traverse City


For about 9 years now, I have taken my youth group to JPUSA, a community of Christians in Uptown Chicago dedicated to sharing the love of Christ in both word and deed. I never leave there the same as I showed up. I have been challenged and encouraged by their dedication to embody the presence of Christ among the overlooked and marginalized in our society.  
     In addition, they are a very artistic community. One of their bands (there are about 10 of them), a celtic Christian band called The Crossing, is coming to Church of the Living God in Traverse City on March 11 (6:00 pm; $5 tickets at the door).  I'm excited about finally being able to host them and bless their ministry.  Here is a more detailed interview I did with Pete Lathrop at WLJN this morning:

video

No comments:

Post a Comment